This year the international Design Boom contest attracted 2980 designers from across the world for its ‘Kitchen is the Heart of the Home’ category.
The Winning entry came from three designers from China and is called “Round cupboard assembling that can be rotated and lifted”. Each element is designed to allow objects to come to the user instead of the user moving to them to help save time and space.
Magnet loves this concept and think it would work great in a compact kitchen where space is of the premium!
Here’s what the designers had to say:
(1) Creating the new concept of happy kitchen: Sharing the joy with relatives and friends face-to-face.
(2) Cupboard adopts double-deck rotator structure, can rotate 180°respectively, the three major work center of washing, mixing and cooking can rotate in the front of the operator, let “zero” distance in each workflow; And can lift in certain distance in order to be suitable for the different operator.
(3) Flume has two kinds of outlets: The parallel water outlets of induction type lie on both sides of flume; The holding type faucets with metal hose lie in the middle of two flumes, that can be suitable for operating under various environments.
(4) Abandon the board type, slide rail and hinge of the traditional cupboard completely. This cupboard regards the structure frame of aluminum alloy and the combination of stainless steel pipe as the integer structure. Adopt level bearing, hydraulic pressure system, shutting system to realize lifting of cupboard and wall cupboard.
(5) Integrative structures with operational table-board, flume and kitchen, cupboard distribute icebox, disinfector and oven symmetrically, other borders are closets.
(6) Lower cupboard is drawing structure, can pull out wholly while using, and make the operation simplify. Hang the kitchen ventilator under the top cupboard with function of illumination.